New to group-97 SL2 no start

First let me thank everyone for all of the help I have received so far from reading past posts. I need a little help with my "new" purchase. I bought the car with 90K miles and a blown engine. Compression check confirmed the blown engine. I put in a "new" engine from a junk yard. The engine will turn over but it will not start. I have checked so far-the fuel pump, it goes to about 20 then 30 during the start sequence and holds 42psi during the cranking phase. I have checked the ignition and I have spark on all wires. I squirted fuel into the PCV valve hose and then tried to crank the engine. It started and ran for a few seconds and then stopped. I do not have the ability to take it somewhere to have the codes checked as it does not run, and the battery was out for several days so they are probably erased anyway. It sounds like everything is working except the injectors. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you in advance,

Bill A.

Reply to
ffr1910

I'd suspect the computer or one of the sensors that it uses to determine engine timing. (Of course you indicate the plugs are firing, so I would think it is getting timing.) I'm not familiar with your model engine, but if the computer is working correctly, then I would suspect the crankshaft or camshaft position sensor.

At this point, I'd say to make sure you have all the sensor and the EFI connectors on and they are all clean and tight. Also make sure the computer module connections and the grounds look good too.

Good luck

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Turns out that some water had gotten in the replacement engine's intake and rusted three of four injectors. I put in the old injectors and it fired right up.

Bill

Reply to
ffr1910