No Heat

I have a 1997 Saturn. The temp. gauge runs at a 1/4. Don't get any heat. Blower fan works. Any ideas, help is appreciated. Thanks

Reply to
John

Thermostat?

Reply to
o-dawg

I would try thermostat first. Gauge should run between 1/4 mark and 1/2 mark while driving down the road with air going thru the radiator.

If that doesn't do it, I would flush / backflush heater core, try again.

A typical partially clogged heater core symptom is hot water going in, luke warm coming out. If a heater core is operating properly, you can NOT feel the difference between the inlet and outlet temperatures.

I don't believe that the '97 uses a heater control valve so that should not be an issue. The only other problem could be the air temperature mixing door in the vent system, in the dash. Does the temperature slider control feel like it is working? resistance?

James

Reply to
James1549

[...]

I had problems a couple of years ago with heat, this link has my solution.

-David

David Teichholtz

thermostat. period.

Reply to