no vacuum at throttle body to control pressure regulator

At the port on the throttle body that leads to the pressure regulator, there is no vacuum at idle, as indicated on my pressure guage (I think it should be about 18in.). When the butterfly valve is opened, the vacuum acts accordingly. Any ideas?

Reply to
nickdel

When I've put my finger over the hose leading to the pressure regulator at idle, I've noticed VERY little vacuum. Since it is this way on both of my Saturns, I've assumed it was the way it normally operates. When the throttle is opened, vacuum increases substantially and causes the regulator to 'obstruct' the fuel return path (in a return system) to increase the fuel pressure in the rail.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane