Noise conspiracy?

Just got a new exhaust system at Midas. It needed everything from the head pipe back. Car seems more noisy now than original. I can't quite place it other than the muffler part may be the main suspect. All parts look the same as before under the car. The muffler looks like the original. Same size and tail pipe size. I can't find any leakage anywhere. I wonder if this has something to do with all the old honda's and Acura's getting noisy mufflers when they need new ones. These you can tell are noisy as the tailpipe size is like for a semi truck. But mine is normal size, but of course less noisy than those.

Fred '94 SC2

Reply to
Fred

Just to be sure that it isn't a leak, try this. let the engine idle and if the tail pipe isn't too hot, cover it with your palm to block it off. If you don't get enough pressure that tries to force your hand off, you probably have a leak. Doesn't take much of a gap in a pipe that isn't fully clamped to make noise.

Reply to
Oppie