Odd smell from vents 97SC2

I just noticed yesterday a smell like vinager or photo fixer coming from the vents when I turn on the fan. This occurs before I switch on the A/C. Any ideas?

Reply to
Hal97

probably sitting for awhile,humidity,on my ion,if the direction vent is in a certain position,the condesation builds up & the water starts to stink.

Reply to
teem

Drain hole for the evaporator is likely clogged.

Reply to
BläBlä

Mix up a spray bottle with about 3 parts water and one part bleack and spray it into air intake for ventilation system and this will cure the smell for a good bit as it will kill the nasties causing the odor.

SnoMan

If it was he would be geting water in passanger compartment too. Musty evaporators are fairly common in some areas.

SnoMan