OH PLEASE HELP....I NEED ADVISE!!!

okay...so my brother decided to take my car without permission...wrecked it...and the front part of the frame is bent. I am concerned if they will total it or not? i will need a new front fender, hood, and driver door...front bumber and of course the front frame is obviously bent. I just got my car out of the shop because I wrecked it 3 weeks ago...so this will be 2 wrecks within 1 month...never had a wreck before...just wondering if anyone had any advise...i have been told that once the frame is bent even if they fix it it will never drive the same. What should i tell the body shop and any advise or does anyone know if it will be totalled? The SUV is a unibody frame...whatever the hell that means???? thanks so much...hope to get some advise. lgbaby14

Reply to
lgbaby14

fear not. the Saturn is one of the few vehicles that the entire frame can be unbolted part by part. My wife is an auto adjuster for GM, she says Saturns are almost never totaled. Any good body shop with a frame straightener can re-align it for you, and parts that are beyond straighteneing can be replaced. Suggest using used parts, a lot cheaper then after-market.

Reply to
helix

Umm....no it can't. The frame is welded together just as another vehicle. I should know this. As I spent 7 years in the body shop here in Spring Hill and 2 years of that was spent measuring the spaceframe for dimensional deviations.

Jim

Reply to
Seamus's Stuff

This is an old thread anyhow. Helix stop using talkaboutautos.com and learn how to "really" access newsgroups. (He'll probably see this in a few months...)

Reply to
blah blah