Oil

What is the opinion if one would accidentally add 1/2 qt. of Synthetic oil to the crankcase filled with 10w30 conventional oil. Will the two mix O.K.? Can I wait till the next oil change (2000mi) to drain and refill with conventional oil.

Jerry

Reply to
JJ

Synthetic oil

Should be no problem. Most synthetics say on the bottle that they are compatible with conventional oils.

Ken (MI)

Reply to
Napalm Heart

Synthetic oil bewing thinner, would cause a faster oil loss I suspect. The two will mix fine, they are made of the same stuff.

Dev

Reply to
Dev Null

Thanks all who replied. I didn't think it would hurt like you said other than being thinner. Just wasn't sure how the two would mix. I can sleep better tonight.

Jerry

Synthetic oil bewing thinner, would cause a faster oil loss I suspect. The two will mix fine, they are made of the same stuff.

Dev

Reply to
JJ

Oh NOOOOOOO!!!!

Your engine is DOOMED!

Tell you what. If you're fortunate enough to be in the Southern California area, just bring the car by, and I'll give you $500 for it.

I suspect that I might be able to rebuild it.

;-)

(really: No worries. Not a problem at all).

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen

imho:

Weird accident.

If you look at the oil container, you should notice an advertisement saying fully compatible with conventional oil.

If you see that, nuff worrying about it.

later,

tom @

newsgroups01REMOVEME

C. E. White

No problem, Saturns are cheap, born for neglect & abuse. Great lil' cars. E

Reply to
EDeneen