Oil Leak 1997 SL2 Please note *

I just spent some time curing a oil leak on a Saturn. It seems the rear main or maybe the oil pan area. In the intersection of all three parts Oil Pan, Rear Main Housing, and engine block in just that little corner as it bends around the oil pan was a leak (I should say a pour). Well after 2 times with the oil pan and once with the rear main and it still leaking I got to the point of welding it all together when I decided to (with the help of my son) just to start the motor with the flywheel attached and very fast remove it right after shutdown and see where it was coming from and low behold a brass type fitting between the rear main and starter. Well this is well documented (NOT). I hope this helps anybody else and if anybody needs more info just post. Oh ya this fitting was only finger tight (no comment!).

Reply to
New Horizon Interlock

Was it the main oil galley plug? Did it have a hex head on it? If that is loose for too long, you will hurt bearings in the bottom end(I know from experience.....long story).....

Reply to
BANDIT2941

Nope it was on the block facing the transaxle (between Main seal housing and starter hole) or when you look in the drivers side facing out.

Reply to
New Horizon Interlock