OT - GMC Envoy/Chevy Trailblazer

I know this is way OT for the froup, but I was curious if one had answers. I couldn't find things on edmunds.

Back in '01, when I wanted to trade in my '95 Jimmy (145,000 miles in six years) I looked at the TB/Envoy. I didn't think they were that big. Recently I've been noticing them on the road while driving my wife's Vue, and thought they looked like they've grown a bit. Today, I was stopped next to one which was at least four years old (based on the license plate number) and thought it looked smaller than the more recent ones.

Has the Envoy/TrailBlazer been made larger in the past three years?

Reply to
PerfectReign

They are larger, especially the EXTended versions which is probably whats been throwing you. They also weigh more, have a full frame, and make 275hp (05'), 291hp (06) along with torque to match while getting somewhat better gas mileage than their predecessor. However unless you tow a big boat every weekend I still suggest the more pratical 4cyl Vue over any other SUV.

Reply to
blah blah

On Mon, 09 Jan 2006 02:52:41 +0000, blah blah took a five-minute break from flipping burgers to boot the etch-a-sketch and scribble out:

Ahh, got it. Thanks! I had even looked at Edmunds for the '02 and '06 models and the ones I saw had the same width/wheelbase/length.

LOL!

Well, I'd rather have a midsize truck like a Silverado 2500HD or a Suburban, than anything with a four-banger.

As I mentioned, the Vue is my wife's car. Aside from the fact that it is front-wheel-drive, I find it small and cramped.

She likes it, though, and that's what's important.

Reply to
PerfectReign