Outer rear quarter panels rattle

Yesterday while waxing my '97 SC2, I noticed that the right rear quarter panel is really loose. When I press on it, there is at least 1 inch of movement, not the normal amount of flexibility from the plastic panels.

It does rattle, especially when going over hard bumps. This was driving me crazy, because I thought it was something in the interior rattling, but could never find it. When I press it in, I can hear it rubbing against the rubber weather seal, which I'm pretty sure is the source of the rattling sound.

How can I tighten this, or at least check to make sure it isn't going to fall off?

Thanks, Jim

Reply to
Will Sparks

Remove the rear tail light and check the bolts that hold it together at the top and bottom. When the deck lid is open there is a screw you can see on top quarter panel, be sure it is secured. Open the R/S door and inspect the screws that hold it in position there as well. If you find some loose be sure to put the panel back in position before you secure the screws.

Hope this helps Greg

Reply to
Pnsman64