Please help!!!! My 2002 Saturn SL 1 is stalling

I am having problems with my Saturn and was even considering trading it in. The car has about 38,000 miles on it. I had the 35,000 mile tune up, oil changes every 3000 miles, spark plugs changed, ignition coils & modules change etc... This car keeps giving me a hard time when I start it up. Sometimes it takes up to 3 tries for the engine to start. Sometimes when my car is in drive and I am at a red light or stop sign it cuts off so every time that I stop at a red like I immediately put it in park. It doesn't cut of then. Do you have an idea of what could be wrong? I took the car to the dealer and they couldn't find anything wrong. However, there is something definitely wrong. I want to take a road trip this summer ,but cannot go because I don't have reliable transportation. Help!!!

Reply to
tamara.hutcherson

If the fuel injection system and throttle body have been cleaned, then there is a chance that the fuel filter is clogged. Our '94 Sl1 had a bad fuel filter, it was located in the gas tank, ergo, the tank had to be dropped, gas spilled out and filter changed, car runs perfect. I have seen many older Saturns that havent been driven enough and sat thus causing the fuel to get gunky and clog up the fuel filter. Our symptoms were the same as yours. You can also try getting some Chevron Techron additive and put that in whenever you fill up, if that makes a change, you problably have a bad fuel filter.

marx404

Reply to
marx404