Poll: Whats your best gas mileage?

Please post model, year and 4 or 6 cyl, man or auto.

On my '07 ION3, manual 2.2L I am getting an average of 360 mi on a tank, up to 400 mi. Average = 30mpg, and that's driving at an average of 60mpg on country roads.

Reply to
marx404

'96 SL2 (4cyl DOHC) AT -- average 28 to 29 mpg combined city/highway. Best so far on a highway trip was 34+.

Reply to
Doug Miller

2003 Ion 1 2.2L I4 Average 34 mpg (combined highway and city) Highest 44 mpg (highway only)
Reply to
M. Halliwell
2001 lw300 V6 engine, automatic I typically get about 300 miles per tank (15 gallons) in a mix of city/highway. On long highway trips it goes to perhaps 400 miles per tank (65mph). Lately I think that the gasoline formulation is being messed with as I have been getting only about 250 miles per tank. Nothing else has changed. I typically buy BP Regular grade. Oppie
Reply to
Oppie

I generally fill up with Super America gasoline (regular). One week, when the price of gas was unusually high, I decided to try a tank full of BP (Because it was cheaper). I noticed a loss of power, and some hesitation over the nezxt couple of weeks. I switched back to my typical flavor of gasoline, and everything became better.

I don't know if the car just didn't like CHANGING fuels, but I suspect that the quality of the BP fuel is lower, which explains the lower price.

Thanks.

Remove the BALONEY from my email address.

----------------------------------------------------- Matthew Fries Minneapolis, MN USA snipped-for-privacy@baloneyvisi.com

"Quit eating all my *STUFF*!" - The Tick

Reply to
Matthew Fries

400 mi. Average = 30mpg, and that's

Not sure what my *best* is but I routinely get better than 40 mpg overall during warm periods. 1999 SL 4 cyl (1.9L) manual trans approx 60/40 hwy/city

Reply to
Steve

Bullshit.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Not exactly -- he did say "routinely" and when I slide from Reno to Roseburg, Oregon - 400 miles I get 36-38 MPG with my '98 SW2 automatic; so 40 MPG would not be uncommon.

Other than road trips I only drive like 150 miles per Month -- a LONG city trip to me is like 5 miles -- I'll check my mileage next time I fill up, which is usually once every 5 weeks.

Reply to
Jon Jon

One point i remember when i bought this 03 Ion,was to use the low grade octane level,the enngines computer was calabrated for it.So far its been great.

Reply to
teem

During the summer I get around 40mpg with my 00 SL2 (the Sleek Blue Bueaty), during the winter I get around 35mpg...

Reply to
Keith

Thank you for your well-reasoned and carefully documented contribution; but couldn't you have stated your view less verbosely? :)

Reply to
Steve

Nope. But I could have stated it *more* verbosely: what you claim to be getting is something like 75% better than the EPA estimates for that model, when it was *new*.

That's bullshit.

60/40 kilometers per gallon I could believe. But miles per gallon? Impossible. Either your math is badly wrong, or you don't know how to measure, or you're just guessing, or you're lying. I can't tell which.
Reply to
Doug Miller

More likely Steve is referring to the percentage of highway vs city driving which generates the 40 mpg claim. IE 60% highway and 40% city driving.

Reply to
carlkeehn

If that's the case, then I misunderstood, and I apologize. But it sure doesn't read that way to me.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Thanks, carlkeehn, you are exactly correct. *Now* I see why you replied as you did, Doug. If you had said why originally, you could have saved us a couple of days of my thinking you were being a rude troll ... now I know you were just being rude. :)

Reply to
Steve

I had a 1999 SL1 manual as well and routinely got over 40mpg on the highway. Granted I was only going 60 mph, that still isn't bad for 7 years ago.

Reply to
Dennis Midkiff

"marx404" wrote in news:4745a962$0$8622$ snipped-for-privacy@roadrunner.com:

My 2005 Vue FWD, V6 gets about 24 in town and on a long, long trip driving from San Diego to Houston, TX non stop we got 32.6.

Reply to
Homer