Power Steering

I drive an '04 Ion, and latley the power steering light comes on, and the steering wheel gets really tight. I called the guy at the dealership, and he said it's probably fuse. Anyone else had this problem?

Reply to
neil12874

It might just be the fuse as the ION steering is electro-mechanical. Best to have the shop check it out, that's the only way that they can properly diagnose it and check for any codes.

Reply to
marx404

I thought it was the fuse as well. I took it in, and was told that the whole steering column had to be replaced. Thank God it was covered under the warranty, as I didn't have an extra $1,000 dollars sitting around.

Reply to
neil12874