Power window motor IN-ACCESSABLE !

Oh how I hate GM !

Anyone have instructions on how to remove the inner door pannel (front passenger side)on a 2000 sw2 (I think) station wagon so I can unbind the motor and window drive mechanism? It's getting juice - I can hear it clicking when I hit the power switch)- so it's obviously bound up. Loosening the screws which hold it on to the door frame- doesn't work/

Saturns are the only car I've seen that are designed to force you into the dealership!

If you want to buy a car that is designerd to prevent you from doing the simplest of maintainance yourself- buy a Saturn!

Reply to
misterfact

Sounds like misterfact is a fool once again.....Most anyone knows that to get to the parts inside the door you remove the OUTER DOOR PANEL. You will then have ample room to work on the window regulator. Taking off the inner door panel will not get you to the regulator. In fact you will find it nearly impossible to work on it without taking off the outer door panel.

Oh, BTW misterfact...if you REALLY want to help this person let them know that they must remove the outer door panel to access the regulator. Otherwise you really know nothing and just want to stir up trouble.

Jim

Reply to
Seamus's Stuff

They are easy to get at . You have to remove the outer door skin and inner door panel. Best part is there is plenty of access to move the regulator around without drilling out rivets or cutting your wrists on the door shell.

Reply to
Blue87T

Thanks for the info. Not surprising. Sounds like Saturn's a real "DIY friendly" car company. That goes for changing the spark plugs.

Reply to
misterfact

Well- I got the outer door panel off. Then removed the motor housing and armature with wormgear. Then manually brought the window to the top. Replaced armature and housing. Hit the "down" switch- window came down nicely. Hit the "up" switch- nothing!

Conclusion- the whole power window assembly appears to be one of the very few QUALITY parts of the car. The simple electrical contact points on the console window switches appear to be CRAP. They don't reverse polarity so the window can roll up! I'm sure nothing was ever spilled on them- however Saturn ought to come up with a spring loaded cover to protect them anyway. Is there some type of grease you can coat electrical contacts with- so they keep moisture off the contacts yet conduct electricity. Does lithium grease work?

Reply to
misterfact

No one gives a damn what you think. Now shut the hell up troll.

Reply to
Blah blah