Power window won't go up

I have a 93 SC-2. My passenger's side power window will open smoothly with no problems. However, when I try to close it by holding the switch in the up position, nothing happens. I can reliably close it by clicking the switch up, releasing it, and repeating, perhaps a dozen times. Each time, the window closes a few inches and then stops. So, the question is: should I be looking at the mechanical parts such as the regulator/motor, or at the electrical such as the switch?

Thanks in advance.

Reply to
MPost

It's the window regulator/motor that is dieing on you.....

The good part is that if you wish to replace it yourself it isn't that hard. As once you remove the door panel you have full access to everything inside.

Reply to
Seamus's Stuff

It is a snap once you get the EXTERIOR door panel off. The motor and regulator are an assembly from Saturn. Around $80 for the parts. NAPA listed the motor seperate for around $50. I bought the assembly for the extra $30.

James

Reply to
James1549