pressure control solenoid

My wifes 2000 Saturn LW2 started having the service light come on. We took it to the dealer and the code reader gave an error 1811 (I believe that was the number). They said this error coupled with a jerky shift when the light comes on means the pressure control solenoid is going bad. They quoted me $622 for the repair.

This seems like a pretty h igh price to me. I was wondering if anyone else has had this repair. I imagine that is likely since there is a TSB out on this model for the pressure control solenoid.

Any suggestions that someone could offer would be welcome.

Thanks!

Reply to
Larry C