Problem with rear door lock

I have a 95 SL1 and one of the rear doors cannot be opened from the inside, but works fine opening the outside handle/lock. Anyone familiar with what might be wrong? Are there 2 seperate cables in the locking mechanism? Might something just need greasing or is it gone? I would like to know somewhat the damages before I take it into the dealer or my regular repair shop.

Thanks.....

Reply to
anutforyou

From your description, it sounds to me like the "Child Safety Interlock" feature has been enabled. Look for the mechanism on the side of the door since it is hidden unless it is opened. Good luck and post what you find.