Problem with windshield wipers and backup lights

I have a 92 Saturn SL2 and there are a couple problems that seem to be minor, so I'd like to try to fix them myself before taking them to the dealer and having to pay money.

First, the backup lights don't go on when the car is in reverse. I've tried replacing the lightbulbs so I'm thinking it might be a wiring problem...any suggestions?

Second, the windshield wiper on the passenger side of the car stopped working. It seems that it's trying to move but it's stuck...I'm not sure what the problem might be here. The driver's side works without a problem.

Any help I could get would be great. Thanks!

Bill