pulley bolt to dohc front crank seal - question

One of the books I have says you are supposed to rtv seal the crankshaft pulley bolt when putting in a new front crankshaft seal. Does it matter what type of rtv seal you use? I have access to black rtv and Saturn's special oil pan sealer. I take it that you apply it around the bolt head to the washer area and also cover the part under the washer where it meets the pulley surface.

Reply to
Shark