Question about Tires on Ion I

Does anyone happen to know if 185/65R14 tires will fit on an Ion 1 built for 185/70R14? I have a line on some cheap tires/rims, but of course they are not quite the same size. What will happen if I use 65s instead of 70s?

Thanks!

Tom

Reply to
Thomas Nickerson

Hello Tom,

comparing the aspect ration of the 2 tires they tire with P185/70R14 will have and total of 18.5mm in diameter. Check the wheel well clearance to see if is allow.

Aspect ratio is calulate by height (of side wall) / Width of tire tread = 70% of the second tire.

Even they may fit. The new tires installed will not give you the correct vehicle speed. I may run faster than the speed seen on the speedometer. Besides, the PCM/ECM and Transmission (TCM) may use the speed for other calulation as well.

Beaware when you replace them.

You will find a tires size and acle ratio ca;culator here to com[utr tru tire size and effect on speed too.

TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan