Question on SW2 rear Hatch

hi we recently bought a 1995 sw2. the rear hatch release will not work from the remote release. also the rear keylock does not work(key broke off ,have used one ordered from joe@6th planet).until i get the keylock from joe this is a real pain in the @$$ for my wife. i was wondering if anyone has any experience trouble shooting the rear hatch remote release. one saturn dealer said it needed a new cable , the other said it was electrically operated. after taking the interior trim off the hatch it was found that it is indeed electric. i have a haynes saturn manual but cannot find that circuit in the manual for trouble shooting. i have pulled every fuse in both the interior and exterior fuse boxes and all are fine. is there a relay that controls this??is so where?? the solenoid in the hatch seems fine(not seized)is there anyway to test its operation?if i apply 12v to it and it unlocks does this prove its operation? it has 2 wires black and blue ,also the remote release by the drivers seat has 2 wires(also black and blue). i would appreciate any info that anyone has on this problem. you can email me directly or reply to the group thanks,jeff

Reply to
jeff

I have a 95 SW1. the release on mine is a cable. Under the latch in the interior is a small panel which looks like you could pry it off to gain access to the mechanism if the cable were to break.

Reply to
David Teichholtz