Re: Cylinder Head Crack

I'm a 19

> year old mechanical engineering student at the University of > Cincinnati.

In spite of that, you can probably do the job. (Yes, I'm an ME.)

I'm pretty sure my haynes manual and I would be able to > pull this off.

Be careful. I relied on the Haynes Manual when rebuilding a gasoline engine Olds 350. The torque specification in the Haynes manual was actualy correct for diesel engine Olds 350 cylinder head bolts. Result: snap. On a Saturday afternoon, when time was of the essence. Fortunately, there was just enough of the bolt sticking out that I was able to retract it.

Moral: nothing beats the factory manual. That, and listening to the old timers.

Reply to
Beloved Leader

I would try and track down some info from the factory service manual (like you can get from the Mitchell On-Demand or Alldata systems). Many local libraries have subscriptions to these systems, and it's probably more useful/accurate than the Haynes manual..

Reply to
Robert Hancock