Re: Improves Engine Performance

Saturn has a flyer of recommended gas brands and also recommends Chevron Techron additive for older cars.

Reply to
marx404

The OP is a zone-car spammer with idiotic information.

Reply to
BläBlä

According to a newsletter from

when trailer towing (or anytime under a heavier than usual load), a higher grade of fuel will actually help mileage. Reason is that any pinging sensed by the knock sensors will cause a retard of the timing or mixture enrichment. This was part of the newsletter touting the digital dashboard enhancements that run on a PDA with the autotap software. The virtual gauges could show fuel trims and spark advance in near real time. One of these days I have to play with that a bit.

Other than that, I use a can of injector cleaner every couple of months and run regular gas (includes 10% ethanol here in NY). So far, so good.

Oppie

Reply to
Oppie

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Interesting that you mention that about Shell. It is one of the least expensive fuels in this area. I tried it a few times and would guess that I got between 10 to 20% less mileage on a tank than the BP that I usually use. I don't recall the lw300 saw any difference in power. Then again I bought the Shell when gas was near $4/gallon last year and it was all about the mpg and not even trying for power...feather-footed on the pedal and all that.

Reply to
Oppie