Re: Just bought a new used saturn

Got a deal on a 2000 SL1 with 66000 KMs. 5 speed with power everything and

> tilt, cd and air. Nice light clutch, decent shift stick, weird gear ratio > but soon learned, slightly spongy braking but it seems to have stiffened up > since the car is no longer sitting. Great steering, A/C is amazing, and the > factory stereo is kinda decent although could use a bit of bass up front. > > Just asking for any advice on what I should watch out for in the next couple > years. What to keep my eye on etc. I did not buy an extended warranty ONLY > because I could not a get a good deal on a 3 or 4 year plan or for 80000 > kms. I did get the balance of factory warranty from Saturn Canada. They > offer 5 year or 100000 powertrain so there's some comfort in that. > > Thanks for any tips... > > David

There's a recall out on any Saturn with the Ecotec 2.2L engine. It's pretty minor, and I've never heard of anyone having problems, but they replace some ignition components, and your spark plugs. Getting new spark plugs for free is always nice.

The recall is for a potential fire hazard, but to my knowledge, only seven in 200,000 cars had an issue.

Reply to
Mark Walters