Rear Tires on These Ions

GEE-ZUS!,I am not having a happy time with these s.o.b.s!.The 2 new ones up front are superb!,the 2 on the back seem to fight against the front 2,rides really crappy!,want to get 2 new ones,but Christmas is on it's merry way.

Reply to
teem

teem, teem, teem, y'all should just trade that car in, I don't think it likes you, lol :-) jk

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Reply to
teem

What are the tires in the rear? Do they match eachother? Is the tread identical with no abnormal wear? Are they both inflated equally? Is one mounted on the rim backwards? Are you running any directional tires? You're not giving us anything to go on here...

Reply to
Blah Blah

Reply to
teem

(dont you mean over inflated???)

I cant tell what you are calling the inside and outside, as in inside tread of both tires or inside tread of one tire...

Look at one tire at a time and consider the following...

-A Front tire will wear on the outside edges because thats how steering geometry works.

-A Rear tire will wear even.

(This is why they are rotated so you dont get front tires with bald edges and good center tread. Avoiding rotations will kill the lifespan of tires.)

-Under inflation: Will cause the "outer edges" of A tire to wear much like properly inflated front tires. (and give you poor gas mileage)

-Over inflation: Will cause the "center" of A tire to wear out.

Now if only ONE edge of A tire is worn you have alignment issues. You cant have a proper alignment done on tires with abnormal wear or improper inflation.

Reply to
Blah Blah

Reply to
teem