recalls

Are there any recalls for the SC2 2002?? I went to my local Saturn dealer here in NL, Canada a few months back and I checked to see if there were any recalls on this vehicle and they said there wasn't. I asked because I saw this site

and it says there are. Are these recalls only for U.S.A Saturns???? Any help would be appreciated

Reply to
Sakic

What are the last 8 digits of your VIN?

Steve

appreciated

Reply to
Steve Mackie

I guess I should have wrote more. There are three recalls for you particular vehicle, two of them are US only (NHTSA). The third is a campaign involving the engine mounts but only applies to specific VINs. Post the last 8 digits of your VIN if it's between 2Z104074 and 2Z104308.

Steve

appreciated

Reply to
Steve Mackie

TSB's are Technical Service Bulletins, not recalls. Some are things you should watch for though.

Reply to
Blah Blah

There are recalls on the site he pointed to....

Reply to
Steve Mackie

Sakric, that Alldata site is the best for reviewing possible applicable bulletins for your '02 SC2. Not all of those things will be applicable for your car, but if it is under factory warranty the Alldata list will help to recognize a relevant issue. That is a lost of possible tch service bulletins, not necessarily recalls. No recalls have been issued for the '02 SC2, only service bulletins. I have used that list a few times to confirm to a shop tech that there was a tech bulletin covered under warrranty.

Just curious, as you asked, are there any Saturns that are not built in the US? I did hear of some built for the UK way back in the '90's not '02??, but that was supposedly a failed venture.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Looking into the data, there are/were three RECALLS issued for that vehicle. Two are NHTSA RECALLS (which only apply to US vehicles) and one is a company issued RECALL CAMPAIGN regarding the engine mount on certain '02 SC2s.

Reply to
Steve Mackie