Remote Battery Replacement

The battery has gone on one of my remotes. Following the manuals instruction, I can open the remote and remove the battery. The problem I am having is that the battery and manual specify a CR2030 battery. I can not find that battery anywhere, but the CR2032 looks the same size and is the same voltage (didn't want to just try the CR2032 in case of a problem).

Has anyone else here changed the battery in their remote? What type of battery did you use?

Reply to
TEST23

a CR2032 will work fine as that is what is in my daughters keyless remotoes. After chane battery hold down both lock and unlock buttons for about 7 sec until locks cycle to reprogram the controller after battery change.

Reply to
SnoMan

I have tried that with mine and it won't program. Bought another off ebay and it won't program either. Wife 's remote works fine. One dealer wants 36.50 to re program the remotes. Mine is a 2000 lw2.

Reply to
Dale Randall

I put in a CR2032 battery and it works fine. I didn't even have to reset the remote, it worked normally once the battery was replaced.

Thanks for the help.

Reply to
TEST23