Removing Door Panels on 2003 Vue???

I have purchased some upgraded speakers for my vue, and am trying to figure out how to remove the front door panels. I see two screws (one near the door lock handle, and one near the bottom front corner of the panel) If I remove both screws, and start to tug near the front bottom corner, I still feel a lot of resistance. I did not continue, as I did not want to mess anything up. Did I miss any other screws? What is the correct way to do this? Thanks.

Reply to
ferrellcat

  1. Remove inner door handle.
  2. Gently pull at top end of door speaker cover to disengage attaching clips.
  3. Lift door speaker cover out from behind door trim panel.
  4. While holding door speaker cover, disengage speaker wiring harness from speaker, then remove door speaker cover.
  5. On non power windows, remove window crank handle.
  6. Remove inside door pull handle escutcheon by disengaging retaining tab at bottom of escutcheon with a small flat bladed tool.
  7. Remove door trim panel fasteners located behind door pull handle escutcheon.
  8. Remove door trim panel fasteners at bottom of door.
  9. Gently pull on bottom of door to disengage clips then push upward to disengage door trim panel from door structure.
Reply to
C. E. White