Removing radio bezel in SL-2

I have a 95 SL-2 that I would like to put a new radio in. I have removed the trim that goes around the radio / heater controls, but now I am stuck. I was trying to get the bezel (the plastic plate with that covers the front of the radio and equalizer) off, but I can't figure out how. There are some clips at the top and side of the plate, but the plate still sticks right where it is even when I open them. From what it looks like, in order to remove the radio, I'd also have to pull out the heating controls. This can't be right, is it? Isn't there some way of getting that plastic plate off by itself?

Reply to
Alaspor