Replacing heater core on lw300

I darn near choked when I saw a puddle of coolant on the passenger side floor. Having replaced heater cores on other vehicles, I know that usually the entire dashboard gets removed. I was pleasantly surprised on the '01 lw300 to find that the hoses all snap apart fairly easily and the core itself can be removed by only removing some passenger side trim and a few screws! Not even sure yet if it is definitely the core or a O-ring joint that is leaking. I have some newspaper wedged under the pipes and core for now to see where the leak is coming from. Should know pretty soon where the leak is.

Even the blower motor is not too bad to get at. It's been squeaking a bit lately. It comes out from the top but may require removing the wiper arms and vent plate.

Reply to
Oppie