Room in an ION vs L200

I currently drive an 98SL2. All I really want is enough extra room to put my coffee cup in the holder and put the car in park at the same time. You really can't do that with a 98SL2 ... if you can get the shifter into park then you can't get the cup out. Its fine if you are driving down the road which is 90% of when I need the holder anyway. So, is there that little extra room in an ION or will I need to move up to an L series? I want to get a newer model with the side curtain airbag. Roy, snipped-for-privacy@aol.com

Reply to
ProfWdesk1

We have a 94 and a 97 SL, there is definately more room in the ION and even a little more room in the L300. in my 94 SL, I canot reach into the center console easily, with the ION, it is much more accessable. Nice cupholders too, with rubber removeable inserts in case of a spill. More legroom, headroom and trunk space too then in the SL.

marx404

marx404

Reply to
teem