Saturn 2003 ION - Trunk design

hello..

my 2003 ion was rear ended, and a the whole back end had to be replaced.

I was examining the work, and I noticed from the inside of the trunk, while looking from the back seat area, I noticed light leaking in from the upper corners of the trunk. I ran a hose around the trunk, and from above and water did not seem to get in.

Is that the way that the trunk is designed?

Reply to
Chris Plummer

Where the trunk closes and covers the inside part of the taillight assembly, there is about a 1/2 " gap which is designed to channel water down the rear bumper. I haven't noticed any light in the corners, but if it doesn't leak, good thing. Keep in mind that all an S-series and ION body design consists of is a safety frame, support sheet metal and bolted on polymer panels.

Reply to
marx404