saturn delco radio '93 sw2

Lately, my radio seems to cut-out, or nearly so. Then after hitting a solid bump in the road, it sometimes regains it's volume. I took it out and the wiring & connections appear OK. Tried moving the antenna a bit too. Is there some simple possible solution to this. Kinda miss the radio just when it cuts out like that. Banging the dash has, at times, brought it out of it's sudden silence. Do Delco radio's go bad like that? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.

Reply to
user

Perhaps check the quality of the ground connector wire, ensure no rust or paint is covering the connecting area. I haven't heard of any Saturn radios with known problems, but stuff happens.

Also, next time the radio goes out, try gently tapping the knobs to see if there may be a short somewhere inside. Shorts can happen w any radio.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Reply to
user

My '92 had the radio mess up a few years back. I bought a used OEM radio off eBay for around $20. It turned out to be an upgrade from what I had. It has worked perfect for nearly 3 years now.

James

Reply to
James1549

Reply to
user

My original radio did not have an equalizer built in, this one does. And I suspect the output power is much higher because of the better sound it provides. My Saturn connection (parts guy) told me to stay away from any OEM CD players from those years - nothing but problems.

James

Reply to
James1549

Reply to
user

On some radios it is common for the volume control get a poor connection. Try this first:

Take the volume knob off and try to spray some tuner cleaner or WD40 into the control while turning it. You may have to take the radio out of the car, remove part of the case to gain proper access to spray the volume control.

In the end, I think you will end up getting another radio...

James

Reply to
James1549

Reply to