Saturn Headlights

We have an 07 Saturn Ion. The high beams are lower than the low beams on our other vehicles. Low beams are ridiculous. I've repeatedly asked Saturn to readjust them. They say they can't. Other times they say they have adjusted them. We feel like we are taking a risk driving at night. How do you adjust these things??

Reply to
lil abner

IMHO the spread angle between the high and low beam is too great on the S series, (I have no experience with the Ion). This is fixed and IMHO is a design flaw. If the low beams are adjusted high enough to be effective then the high beams are too high especially if there is weight in the rear. The high and low beam lamps are not individually adjustable. I adjust the high beams as high as possible then live with the low beams being too low. This does work not bad in fog but it does cause me to remain on high beam longer than many oncoming vehicles would prefer.

YMMV

Reply to
Private

IMHO you should be adjusting this yourself, as it is best done in very small changes, late at night on a non busy rural secondary highway where there is no other light sources. IIRC you should use a small Torx socket but vise grips will work. YMMV

Reply to
Private