Saturn headliner installation

Our '97 Saturn's headliner needs replacing. I'm wondering if this is something the average handy man can do or if this is something that needs to be done by the shop so they can pay for screwing it up. My concern is I'm thinking it's a little tricky to get a new one in there without bending a crease into it. Anyone else done this themselves?

TIA

Reply to
Doggus

TIA, I have had to replace the headliner material on many of my cars over the years. With some patients, you can do it. To me the hardest part is removing the trim without breaking it or the fasteners.

Once you get the headliner out of the car, it is a fairly simple proceedure. Practice getting the headliner in and out of the car before you install the new material. That way you know exactly how to get it back in with no damage or creases.

One car I found it very easy once I removed one of the front seats. An extra 10 minutes work made the job easy and perfect.

Good luck, James

Reply to
James1549