Saturn hopes to beat Honda, Toyota in hybrid sales

Sorry. Next time he posts another one of those "Re: Re: Re:" idiocies, into the Bozo Bin he goes.

Reply to
Doug Miller

It must be your client because I see no seperate thread here ever by me unless I start one but I do see seperate threads created by others when they do so. My software is working from my perspective and I have been using Agent for over 10 years now too and you are the only one to complain so perhaps you should look in your own backyard.

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Please get a life....

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

Now it is name calling huh? WHo is the real BoZo here?

----------------- TheSnoMan.com

Reply to
SnoMan

You did it again...

PLONK

Reply to
Doug Miller

This has been explained to you repeatedly. Go to Google Groups and LOOK AT YOUR POSTS. It's YOUR CLIENT that's putting that stuff in there.

Obviously you've had it configured incorrectly for ten years.

FALSE -- and you know it. At least two other people have raised the same issue with you in this newsgroup.

Nope. Problem is entirely with the configuration of your client. Not my fault you're unable to figure that out -- I tried.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Snoman,

I also see the same problem with your subject line headers that Doug has repeatedly pointed out and presume that others see this as well. Although it does not affect my newsreader and the threads display correctly, I agree that your configuration is not quite right and deserves looking into.

Bob

Reply to
Bob Shuman

Reply to
Mark T.B. Carroll

Not on my reader. Here, it causes no problem of any sort. In fact, your incessant whining is about 50x as obnoxious.

Reply to
Server 13

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 01:04:26 +0000, a rock fell the sky, hitting SnoMan on the head, and inspiring the following:

Okay, I hadn't read about that before.

Sounds interesting and potentially usable for some items. I only wonder if you can get the same torque out of a GDi engine.

Of course the latest common rail diesel (CRD) engines don't acutally use direct injection anymore. The bosch injectors are actually more like the ones in gas engines where the fuel is mixed prior to injection in the cylinder. (At least that's how I underststand it.)

I just like diesel because of the ability to run on veggie oil and other common items.

Yes, hence turbos in gas engines. I see the CR is higher in GDi engines. Interesting.

Yeah, but it is certianly cheaper when you're filling up your 30-gallon tank at Costco for $2.41 as opposed to $2.85 for premium 89 octane. :)

(Obviously I'm referring to my Avalanche and not my wife's Vue.)

Interesting argument. I wonder what will happen.

Reply to
PerfectReign

On Thu, 01 Mar 2007 10:20:47 -0600, a rock fell the sky, hitting Server 13 on the head, and inspiring the following:

Agreed. This is getting childish, folks.

I see no Re re re... things happening.

Of course, it could be because I'm using Linux and not Wintendo... :P

Reply to
PerfectReign

Again...Facts mean nothing to Snoball. He will make no attempt at fixing agent. While you guys are in Google entertain yourselfs by reading the crap he post and the countless corrections others have to make.

Here's a good one that sums him up

BläBlä

pfft... 820 worthless post in the month of Febuary. Yup you're a troll.

Reply to
BläBlä

For the sake of argument, lets say a small car - Saturn, perhaps - has a 2.4l 170HP engine and gets 30MPG.

Then you put in a higher efficiency, higher compression motor - say 1.8l

170HP - that gets 38MPG, but requires premium fuel.

Then while I'm paying the extra 20 cents a gallon (the difference between 87 & 91 octane here in St. Louis), I'm rewarded with higher MPG, so it may actually be cheaper to use the higher octane / more efficient combo.

smaller forced induction motors can and should replace larger displacement NA engines, but consumers, insurance companies, and manufacturers don't want it, don't understand it, and don't do it (in that order).

Reply to
Kevin

That would be amusing if it weren't so sad. Just FWIW -- the "Doug" who was the OP in that thread is *not* me.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Normally, I'm not into the name-calling thing, either, but if the shoe fits .... Clearly, SnoMan, the extra "Re:" is being added somewhere in your environment or your provider's, since it always appears on your posts. Personally, I think Doug Miller's reaction (to Killfile you) is a bit strong but there's absolutely no doubt in my mind that he is correct in his claim ....

Reply to
Steve

FWIW, I agree with SnoMan on this one -- my client (MS OE) is *not* showing separate threads by him (other than those he obviously intends to be so).

Reply to
Steve

Whether they appear as separate threads is client-dependent.

Reply to
Doug Miller

Now now, lets play nice - even to those of us who still use OE :-)

As far as GM "killing off Saturn", I say bah. To quote Dylan, the times they are a changin'. For Saturn, it's change or die. As the L-series was originally "helped" by Opel, it only makes logical sense that Saturn again turns to them, and furthermore the fact that they are both GM companies. Lets be honest here, GM has been starving Saturn for new product for years now. Its due time for new models to appear. The days of the cheapo-economy box are over sad to say, but it's all part of survival, evolve or die.

The one thing that Saturn has never and will not go away from is their reputation (mostly good) for taking care of people. To that extent, Saturn will always be Saturn. I can say that with all confidence because I know one of the original Saturn people who still believes strongly in the original concept. The cars may change, but Saturn is trying to maintain their original people philosophy while building better cars. IMHO, after 12 years of the S-series and 5 years of the ION, change is long overdue.

Reply to
marx404