SATURN ION 1

IS THERE ANY WAY TO PUT A SYSTEM IN MY ION 1 WITHOUT THE CHECK ENGINE LIGHT COMING ON?

Reply to
KEITHSGIRL

First off, lose the capslock. There is no need to shout.

Secondly, what "system" are you trying to put in your car? What year is your car? What makes you think this "system" is causing (or would cause) the check engine light to come on, as opposed to something else?

You need to be a little more specific.

Reply to
richard hornsby

I have to type in caps at work & i don't even notice it's on sometimes.

Anyway, It's a Saturn Ion 1 2004 and the "system" i refer to is two Rockford Fosgate Punch 10" subwoofers and a Rockford Fosgate Amp my check engine light came on and then I removed the Subwoofers and amp and then it went off, & I was wondering if it had something to do with the battery being so close to them. Or if there is anything else that would cause this to happen

Reply to
KEITHSGIRL

You'd have to read the trouble code from the ECM to have much idea what was going on there..

Reply to
Robert Hancock

The Ions can be very very picky about getting stuff like that installed, just as bad as the new Cavalier which has a similar electrical system from what the guy at the shop that did my install told me. As a matter of fact if they hadn't done a number of installs in those he said it is likely they would have had problems getting mine to work right. Anyway, my amp gets it's power directly from the batter and then the remote turn on is tapped into a wire under the dash that is only on when the ignition is on. Yeah that's common sense but the first wire they used wasn't actually dead with the ignition off, they used the accessory line which fed the factory amp's remote turn on and because of the features on the Ion like power windows after the key is removed/etc. the line is NOT actually dead but drops to 6V. That's enough to shut off the factory amp, but aftermarket amps stay on, needless to say after a week my battery finally died and I was back at the shop. Anyway, I'm not sure exactly which wire they tapped into the 2nd time but like I said, if the ignition is off, so is the line now.

I'm not sure what would be causing the check engine light to come on, but where are you tapping into for power?

Charles

Reply to
Charles Paluda