Saturn Relay - Side Moldings

We just purchased a used Saturn Relay and noticed that the side moldings on the sliding doors is beginning to pull loose. When I showed it to the service manager at the dealership he commented that it was common on that model and that they could resecure it with a better adhesive. Two questions for the experts, is the molding loosening a common happening with the Relay? If you have had the repair done, how effective was it?

TIA

By the way, I am really enjoying the van. We tested out the DVD system a couple of nights back when we got caught in traffic from a major accident. We popped a dvd in the player and the back seats were silent for the entire trip home, no fighting poking or arguing.

Reply to
carlkeehn

Maybe it's common at that dealership or at other places, but I have sold many Relays and have never had the side molding come loose. The good news is that they are going to fix it, its usually the adhesive tape that failed when something like that happens. one they replace it with good tape, you will probably never have that problem again.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

You have been lucky or live in a very cool climate. If you review the postings from Saturn Relay owners, one of the items they complain about the most is the side molding problem. It turns out that it won't be a matter of just reglueing the molding, they ordered new moldings which had to be painted. They will replace them tomorrow.

Reply to
carlkeehn