Saturn Sky...

The Saturn Sky came to town today. Free drinks, food, 1/18 diecast. No roadtests yet. Take a look...

James

Reply to
James1549

I cannot wait for it to get here.

Still have yet to see one with a top on it. I hear it was going to be a soft top but I have not been able to back that up with any proof.

Reply to
Ray Cassick (Home)

Hey, I want a die cast toy! :-)

Can't wait for the SKY to roll into town here. Hmm, Saturn STILL isn't showing what the top up looks like?

marx404

Reply to
marx404

The factory rep on hand claims there are no plans in the immediate future for a coupe or removable hard top. He told me the car on display did NOT have a top at all. They wouldn't even open the hood.

James

Reply to
James1549

Wonder if the car on disply's just a dead shell to give people an idea what it looks like? *shrug*

One nice thing, I read it's actually a RWD car, so many there's hope at GM afterall? Now all we need is a better looking RWD Impaler, and I might actually go to a GM dealer. The new Charger looks nice but behind every great mopar motor's a mopar transmission, plus it's too big and 4 door. The new rustang looks great but has a pussy motor. 4.6L V8? Hello Ford, this is a musclecar, not a Crown Vic. I hear the interior sucks too...

I like the Impaler, but can't bring myself to buy a FWD one. Come on GM, you got an easy sale here - give it RWD and a decent V8, and make it look badass, and I'm in.

At least the Sky being RWD shows there's hope, though. too bad the

3800's not offered on it - I'm never buying a 4 cylinder car if I can avoid it...
Reply to
Philip Nasadowski

Pop the hood of the Charger, see a packed cluster f*&^ed engine compartment, walk away... Pop the hood of the Rustang, see a packed cluster f*&^ed engine compartment, walk away...

The bad thing about the Ecotec is it doesnt get great gas mileage but its still the best 4 banger out there.

The 3800's are being dropped by the bean counters for an engineering nightmare called the 60 degree v6. The Sky is a Kappa Platform and GM was going to come out with a Zeta platform which was also going to be a RWD sedan platform but the F*&$ING IDIOTS postponed its development for increased SUV productions!!! With gas prices going only in one direction and the continued drop in SUV sales WTF ARE THEY THINKING!!! I am getting so SICK of SUV's! They are so damn worthless...

Here is my wish, a all aluminum Series IV 3800 making the following

220hp NA / 275hp SC / 310hp TC With Displacement on Demand and only in RWD vehicles. I might actually consider buying a "brand new" car then. Right now I see no reason to part with my Bonneville for the next 5 to 10 years.
Reply to
Blah Blah