Saturn SL Loses Power When Warm

Hi, just wanted to post a Saturn fix that had me chasing my tail for a while. My 1999 Satutn SL1 would lose power when the engine would reach operating temprature. I would NOT get a Check Engine or Service Soon light. I did the usual like changing plugs and filters with no luck. I did some research using my Haynes book and found the the the Tem sensor can malfunction without giving a Check Engine. The Emissions looks for a signal from the Temp sensoe along with the O2 sensor to regulate fuel mixture. I went to my Saturn dealer to by the part and luckily ran into a Mechanic on break. Asked if he could give me a tip and explained the above. He imediately said it was my Temp Sensor or the Temp Sensor connector. He said that after time it can weep a little antfreeze and contaminate the connection. I bought both parts and it fixed it. So remember... No power when warm and no Service Soon light meand Temp Sensor. $45 with tax.

Reply to
cidarstrip