Saturn SL2 drain plug

hey guys I am trying to replace my COOLANT system but i can't seem to remove the drain plug. ive never done this before. i believe it's the white thing at the bottom lefthand side of the radiator, it's kind of hard to get to and im not quite sure how to remove it. please help? and also, is there anything else i need to do before removing the drain plug.

my model is a 2001 SL2

Reply to
revamp

Some people cut a slot into something. I often end up using different types of pliers on them.

Reply to
Blah Blah

I think that year (2001) uses a plug that has a 1/4" square hole in it. If this is the case, use a 1/4" ratchet drive to turn it about 1/4 of a turn and then pull it out about 1/2".

Good Luck.

Reply to
Kirk Kohnen