Saturn VUE 2004

My new Saturn VUE 2004 front-wheel drive with V6 3.5L engine seems to be running just fine, but I wonder about the engine: it sounds a bit like a diesel motor when it's idling. It's not noisy at all, but I hear a sort of rhythmic chugga-chugga sound that reminds me of diesel trucks. I was wondering if any other VUE owners have noticed this and if it's normal.

Thanks for your help and feedback...

Michael

Reply to
Michael

Mike, I have a new 2004 Vue AWD Redline with the 3.5L V6. MY engine does not sound like a diesel when it is idling but it does have kind of a throaty exhaust sound, but smooth if you know what I am trying to say. If you engine is not shaking while it is idling then I think it is ok. My engine idle very smoothly and does not shake while watching with the hood open. If yours shakes then you have a cylinder that is missing I would think.

Reply to
Rusty Shackleford

Hey Rusty,

I appreciate your reply. There's no vibration, just a diesel Step-Van sort of sound. It's not even loud, but I can hear it when the the stereo is off. I've never owned an SUV before and I was just wondering if that's to be expected, I guess. If there's nothing horribly wrong, I'll just wait until I go for scheduled maintenance and get them to listen to it and fix whatever might be wrong.

The Redline is amazing. Congratulations on your purchase!

Thanks again, Michael

Reply to
Michael

If you don't get allot of feedback here, you might try the Honda newsgroup.

Reply to
Mark Gonzales

I agree with the poster who talked about the throaty exhaust sound. Mine idles smoothly but I can hear it as well....not a problem. I

*like* what it sounds like when it accelerates.

mh

Reply to
Matt Hayden

I don't mind the "throaty" sound at all. I was just wondering if it was normal, if it would go away after the break-in, etc. I think it's overall quite an excellent vehicle and now that I've done a head to head comparison on price, feel, features, look, options, power, responsiveness, etc., between my 2004 VUE and all the small-to-medium SUV competition at the last Auto Show, I have no doubts whatsoever that I made the very best choice and a great deal to boot! Also, I have the best dealer service, good enough to make friends wish they had that kind of relationship for their vehicles.

Regards, Michael

Reply to
Michael