SC2 97' RIP

My SC2 finally became parked. It started showing 'shift slamming' and I read in a few places that you can replace the fluid and maybe solve it if you're lucky. I may try this. Otherwise you're looking at a whole new 'transmission valve body' and I'd probably rather sell the car. Anyone have an idea what it's worth then in present condition?

Just looking for some extra thoughts!

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Cheapest route. It may prove effective. If it is the "reverse slam" issue then it is often very curable.

From this information??? SC2 97 with transmissin problems tells me nothing. >:\ I'll offer you 5 bucks though!

Reply to
BläBlä

I can give you a ballpark figure:

What is the body condition What is the mileage What condition is the interior in

These cars don't retain resale value like a Chevy or a Pontiac.

Reply to
Refinish King

marx404

I had the old slam problem, took it to saturn and found it was a very normal problem with automatics and they fixed it (loose nut) for $68. As far as retaining there value I purchased my used 97 for 3500 3 years ago and I can still sell it with 165k miles for around 3,000

Reply to
p_vouers

Ask whoever is willing to pay that, if they have a brother?

KBB is inflated for the $2000.00 push, pull or drag it in sales.

Black book, NADA.

Reply to
Refinish King

Search saturnfans.com forums and you'll find a procedure to try that some have reported successful at fixing it, or at least making it better.

Lane [ lane (at) evilplastic.com ]

Reply to
Lane