Seat belt stuck

The driver's side seatbelt on my 97 SL2 is stuck fully retracted, like I braked too hard. Except, the seat belt won't extend. I pulled the interior plastic panels off to access the the ratchet mechanism, but the Torx screw that holds the coverplate on is bigger than anything in my toolbox. Any idea what sort of tool I need to pull off the lower seatbelt ratchet coverplate? (sorry, I don't know the technical terminology) Or any ideas on how to make the lock release on the seatbelt?

Thanks

Scott

Reply to
Scott Adams