Seatbelt Retractor doesn't

My driver's side upper seatbelt (shoulder belt) on my 97 SL2 stopped retracting, or locking for that matter.

1) How to I remove the trim on the B-post to access it? Chilton skipped this instruction completely.

2) I'm betting that the part is a dealer-only. True?

Thanks,

Jim

Reply to
JimR

Have you checked that the fuse is good? James

Reply to
James1549

No fuse on this puppy, it's mechanical.

Jim

Reply to
JimR

I replaced the passenger side seat belt unit on my 97 SL1. It has been a few years and don't remember exactly, but think removal starts at the bottom. The unit is fairly complex and I had to buy a new one since one of the plastic parts in it was broken. The car was only a few months out of warranty when it happened and tried to get it repaired or at least get a new unit under warranty to no avail. Not all that hard to repair though. Good luck, MR

Reply to
mrichards