SES light on 94 saturn sc1

I notice that when driving my ses light comes on then goes off. This continues to happen through out my drive. I have 188,0001 miles on it. Any sugestions?

Reply to
baba77

You need the diagnostic code to determine the cause. At that mileage, I'd guess EGR valve (code 032).

Reply to
Bob Shuman

You can also run a bottle of injector cleaner with full tank and see if the code come back.

Reply to
Michal

Usually an intermittent SES code is significant of an intermittant problem. Could be a multitude of things including EGR valve or a number of things. The only way to tell is to have the SES code read.

I don't remember which pins to jump on the connector (under the dash, l/h side of the steering wheel) to connect to get the codes, but you can get a nice inexpensive reader with a code book at any auto parts store. I got mine at WallyMart for only $20.

Basically when the SES light comes on intermittently, it is indicating that a problem is intermittent. Best to properly diagnose it and fix it before the problem is constant.

marx404

Reply to
marx404

Go down to the autoparts store and check out the loaner scan tool. It will let you pull the code out, even if the SES is no longer on. You can also clear it and see if it comes back.

Reply to
Robert M. Gary