SIRIUS Radio

I'm wondering if threes a unit that can attach to the stock radio (Like I'm told XM's units can) for my 1997 Saturn SC2 with a Tapedeck. (And yes, it has an AX button.)

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

The Sirius radios usually come with a suction cup mount that you can stick to the bottom of your windshield. Failing that, you can do as I did with my Sirius unit and velcro it to any convenient part of the dash. (Of course, in my case, I wasn't putting the Sirius into a Saturn

-- rather, a Freightliner tractor.)

As for hearing it through the car speakers, you have at least two different options. If you don't do much in the way of long trips outside your usual home area, set the Sirius unit's FM transmitter to a frequency that isn't used in your area, and set your car radio to that same frequency. If you're going on long trips all the time, go to the electronics section of a Wal-Mart and get a cassette player adapter -- that's easier than having to change your FM transmitter frequency every time you get close enough to a radio station on that same frequency.

Reply to
Larry Harvilla

That is currently what'd work best. I have Velcro on my dash to hold my "CD player" already, as I haven't had the cash to throw at buying a new CD deck for my car, although I'd like to, I need a bunch of parts before I'd even consider that. (like a new bumper, front speakers, a new headliner (previous owner decided to burn it with cigs) also a new sunroof, blah blah)

And the tape adapter would be preferable, but I'm w>> I'm wondering if threes a unit that can attach to the stock radio (Like >> I'm

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

I have heard of a type of cable that has three ends: one that plugs into the AUDIO OUT jack of a Sirius/XM unit, one that accepts the AM/FM antenna cable plug from your existing AM/FM antenna, and the third one that plugs into the AM/FM antenna port on the back of the car radio.

That said, I have no idea where one could be found, and I've never seen such a thing in use -- I've just heard that it exists. Another thing to consider is how you would get the end that goes into your AM/FM radio around or through the dash.

Reply to
Larry Harvilla

To change the question here, why would you want SIRIUS or XM? Get an mp3 player and stop dishing money out every month on such trivial things. Why people want more bills is beyond me.

Reply to
BläBlä

Can you get the ball game on MP3?

RK Henry

Reply to
RK Henry

and you did pay for all of those tunes on the MP3, and will pay for all the new ones, and the time to get them. Also if you want to listen to something else once in a while.

There are advantages.

Reply to
why, me

My MP3 Player is loaded with more than 15000 of my favorite tracks.

I listen to XM probably 95% of the time while in the car. Why?

Because XM delivers what no MP3 player can -- endless diversity. Aside from realtime programming like news, the selection of music at any point in time is simply huge -- more than 70 channels with anything you can imagine.

Aside from that, at $13/month, it equals the cost of downloading 1 CDs worth of tracks a month.

If the argument is "Which is cheaper?", you're missing the point.

If the argument is "Which has better music?", you're missing the point, too.

I love my Ipod. But I'd give it up in a microsecond if I had to choose between it and XM. Even Sirius, which has vastly inferior music to XM, is better than just an Ipod.

Reply to
NoDownTime

You know, you're freaking right.

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)

Actually I listen to both XM and Sirius and XM tends to have worse music that I prefer (Metal) and more repetition. True, Sirius' has a stupid announcer that is vastly inferior to XM's, but I'd still rather have Sirius in my car.

Also, the local FM channels are horrible and much like XM, repetitive, cross too many types of music into one station (I don't like hearing Disturbed after Nirvana and then Live)

Reply to
HyperCube33 (Life2Death)