SL2 2002 back passenger window popping out

I'm not a car expert and will try to explain my problem accurately. I noticed 6 months ago that my back passenger window was popping out of the molding. What I mean is that the molding piece between the power window and the little window on the left back door is popping out of place at the top. When I went to Saturn for an oil change, I asked them to look at the problem and fix it. So they mentioned to me that they think that someone was trying to break into my car by prying off the back little window. They mentioned that the only thing they can do is replace the whole door to fix the problem. Then I asked if it will be covered under the warrenty and they said no because it was not there defect it was an outside source. Now my problem with their bullshit answer is that first there was no signs of scratches or damage around the window to even suspect car theft, and second who would want to break into my inexpensive Saturn car? So anyway what I am asking is does anyone have any advice to give me on how to fix this situation? (My car is still within the 3 year-36 thousand mile warranty limits.) It seems as if I can pop the window back into alignment if I just new the proper technique on how to do it. I tried pushing it back into place but is won't budge. I would really appreciate any help anyone can offer. Thank you in advance.

Reply to
Alissa122

...is it possible to visit another dealer and just ask them how much they want to repair? They'll either say the same as your dealer, or more likely say "Sure" and tell you how much it will cost. If you let them fix it, maybe consider explaining that it was fine for X amount of time and then out of the blue it started doing this, and then in a tone of voice that sounds like a question, ask if it shouldn't be under warranty. If they say "No, sorry", then ask if there's any good will money they could use to even reduce the bill somewhat since you feel a newish car shouldn't do this. Just remember to keep your cool.

Reply to
Jonnie Santos

Reply to
Blah Blah

lets talk a little about car theft. and your question "who would want to break into my inexpensive Saturn car?". First, i can't talk from personal experience that i have had my 93 SL2 saturn stolen and recovered within 2 weeks and i am still driving it to this day. i also have had my car broken into before it was stolen when the busted my window and took my stereo and tried to take my back speakers. second, to answer your question, saturn is the most stolen car in america

.but why? i will tell you. They are the most easiest car to steal. thethief who stole my car probably took at tops 30 seconds from point ofcontact with my car to the point of starting my car. all it takes is apair of scissors or a screwdriver. its so simple. and it was probably somelittle punk kids doing it too. but all i can say is its in your carinsurance company hands now, and the dealer cant do anything for you.

Reply to
KentS