sometimes it starts sometimes it wont

My wifes '03 ion does the same thing it starts fine usually then when its cold it wont start until after we wait 10 -15 mins. Had battery replaced with no change. Same thing w/sevice vehicle message. Did anyone else have the heater fan replaced too? Maybe theres an electrical problem

Reply to
ScottW

Scott I was a Saturn Sales Person from 2000 until 2006. The 2003 Ion did have an issue with starting. It is normal during this problem to have to wait 15 min. before you can try starting it again. The trick is that the Dealership's Service Department will have to duplicate the problem in order to fix it. You may have to leave your vehicle with them so they can try it through out the day and in the morning. Good Luck. JC

Reply to
jcronker

Reply to
jcronker

I found this in another thread same topic. I hope it helps you.

"There is a bulletin out for it. When one of 2 codes are present, it is due to a faulty ignition switch. The grease they use to lube the switch thickens in switch, therefore making it inoperational. Once you put some heat to it, from your hands, body etc... it warms it enough to thaw the

grease after about 10-15 mins. Take it to your dealer, have them replace the ignition switch with the UPDATED part with new grease, and have them program your BCM with the latest calibration available. It takes about

2.5 hours, and 99% of the time, problems go away completely. I am a saturn tech and change at least 1 ignition switch every day for the last 8 weeks.... Hope it helps.

P.S. For reference, the codes needed to be present for this bulletin are B2960 and/or B3033.

Hope it helps!"

Reply to
jcronker