Spark Plug Wiring Order On 2000 Saturn SL

I recently replaced the spark plug wires on my 2000 Saturn SL (SOHC) and I'm not sure if I plugged them in in the proper order on the distributor end.

Left-to-right, I plugged them in as follows: sparkplugs are 4-3-2-1 and my wiring order on the distributor end is 4-1-2-3.

Could someone please verify the proper wiring order for me?

Reply to
krenic

Its real easy. The numbers arent the firing order but the piston order. #1 is the first cylinder, #4 is the cylinder next to the transmission. 1 - 2 - 3 - 4 (you could even wire it like this 2 - 1 , 4 - 3)

Since it is a waste spark system double platinum plugs are recommended. Also check the resistance of your wires. Bad new wires arent uncommmon.

Reply to
blah blah

Maybe I wasn't clear with my question, or, I'm not understanding. I connected my distributor to my sparkplugs as shown here:

The diagram is drawn with both the distributor and the sparkplugs as viewed from the front of the car. Can anyone verify if I've wired this correctly?

The reason I ask is that I'm noticing that the engine shakes terribly, and the "Service Engine Soon" light flashes, indicating a misfire condition.

Reply to
Krešimir

Do what what?

Is this a 1965 Saturn? There are no distributors on any Saturns. Your pics wiring looks really wrong. I'm guessing your coils dont show any numbers?

To make this easy on you and me I searched for some pictures and came up with your answer but it turns out the answer is on a site that belongs to a poster here that may not want their site posted..? So I wont do that!

---- LoL I found your site Jonnie! :D ----

Your numbers are all wrong. Looking at the engine while standing at the bumper, read it like a book. The 1st cylinder is the one on the far left, the 4th cylinder is the one nearest to the trans mission.

The coil pack is the same way EXCEPT #4 is the first prong on the left.

Engine 1,2,3,4 Coil 4,1,2,3

Now just connect the numbers together.

Reply to
blah blah